We started and finished a new installation. It’s always a challenge to update an existing installation but a new install presents interesting issues of it’s own. This job had us installing a pair of LiftMaster LA 400’s. What’s neat about these operators is that they are 24 volt DC operated. That means that the operators can be powered off a low voltage circuit which requires less costly low voltage wiring. This system can also be converted to a solar power hookup at a later date. Although the customer here opted to go with an AC (home power fed) solution, updating to solar in the future would be no problem. IF you were considering solar from the start, we’d probably go with the LA412S option as it’s 12 volts DC and comes set up for solar right out of the box.
This customer had no available high voltage (110 volts AC) at the gate location. We were able to run a low voltage wire to the gate operator from a weather tight location on the outside of the house.
These linear actuators are very slim and almost disappear into the metal work of the gate. We also top mounted them in order to take advantage of the frame as a structural attachment point.
Mostly for us that involves fixing something that is broken, fixing something that no one else wants to fix or can fix or even fixing something that someone else has fixed to the point of being a disaster.
Another challenge for us is getting requests for custom items. We like to be able to be a little creative from time to time. Even if it is something simple like a gooseneck, telephone entry post.
In the future, if you need something fixed or want something fabricated from scratch, give us a call!
It’s become a new tradition lately to have a Red Bull after we have signed off on a new installation. Today was Red Bull day.
We started this job on Tuesday and finished late today. That Red Bull tasted sooooo good.
Power Master Operators are the WORST operators known to man. We hate them. We love to convert our customers to Viking or Doorking, depending on the application. We’ll work on Powermaster but it’s almost enough reason to celebrate when a customer agrees to let us perform an Operator-ectomy on them. We were contracted to install a couple of Viking X9’s.
I do another blog where I show pictures of things I’m building and the inadvertent art that happens in the construction on the piece. I was thinking about how this was going to be a post of the piss poor workmanship that we encounter constantly in our daily work. It would be too easy to do that with the current project that we’ve undertaken.
I figured that the composition of the picture was actually more interesting then this wiring disaster. We love fixing this kind of stuff.