I just wanted to take a minute to post a thanks to all our customers who have been so patient with us since last September when Hurricane Irma struck. We have a big base throughout South Florida and a good portion of those customers are in the Florida Keys.
Even though it has been six months, we are still working overtime trying to get gate equipment repaired, replaced and re-installed. We hope to restart our preventative maintenance program again very soon. It is the one thing that we have stopped completely for the duration so we can concentrate on getting customers up and running.
The last post I did was related to the Octopi that we come across during visits to some of our customers.
I thought I should follow that post up with how we dealt with the pictured Octopus at a recently completed job. The Door King above was installed in Jan 2013. The system had some inherent faults built in. Namely the installer just dropped the operators on existing slabs and had used existing bad wiring and parts. We elected to reuse the operators since they were just a little over a year old but decided to completely re-install with new slabs and new wiring. We slayed the Kraken and this is what our customer got.
This is the same Door King gate operator. It was completely disassembled, repaired (giant hole that the installer had cut to pass through flex conduits even though Door Kings have knock outs), powder coated and rebuilt. We replumbed the installation, pulling all new wiring between operators and telephone entry. Because we knew what the customer was getting, we felt confident giving them an extended installation warranty of 1 year and continuance of the existing factory warranty on the equipment.
Can’t wait to see how it looks after the landscaping has recovered.